This is the Vehicle Inspection Office Driver and Vehicle Licensing Administration (VIO-DVLA) of the States of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory Abuja, Nigeria. We are committed to setting a new driving standard at ensuring credible drivers’ licence process. A commitment to testing and certifying the competency of applicants for drivers' licence before they are issued.
The lack of SKILL, KNOWLEDGE and the right ATTITUDE to driving are causes of major road accidents in Nigeria. The Vehicle Inspection Offices in the country is reducing the rate of avoidable road accidents with the introduction of uniform driving test standard to all drivers’ licence applicants.
All applicants for a genuine drivers’ licence are advised to comply with the drivers’ licence process. We recommend you start the process early. You will need to study the Vehicle Inspection Office (VIO) Theory and Practical Test Book before booking your test online. Applicants for National or International drivers’ licence must:
1. Avoid patronising touts or any Federal Agency/staff of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC). Drivers’ licence and related matters are exclusive preserve of the State Governments under the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
2. Apply for drivers’ licence or renewal through the Vehicle Inspection Office. Alternatively applicants may apply online.
3. On submission of application, applicants will receive a provisional drivers’ licence, a VIO theory and practical test book and medical certification form from the State Vehicle Inspection Office.
4. Make payment for all driver licence fees (Learners Permit/Provisional Drivers’ Licence, Theory and Practical driving Test and the full Drivers’ Licence issuance) directly to the Board of Internal Revenue or the Vehicle Inspection Office in the State.
5. Applicants must pass a compulsory theory and practical driving test and be certified by the Vehicle Inspection Office before a National or International drivers’ licence can be issued.
6. Submit to the Vehicle Inspection Office; the provisional drivers’ licence on successful completion of the practical driving test.
The information assembled by the various State Vehicle Inspection Office is shared with the Central Motor Registry of the Nigeria Police Force pursuant to Section 30(e) of the Police Regulation, Cap P.19 LFN 2004 to protect the integrity and security of the data.
How can we help you?